How to Register
To register for competitions utilizing the NEW Alberta/NWT-Nunavut online competition registration system, please have the following information ready before proceeding:
- Skater’s Skate Canada ten-digit membership number (If you do not know your membership number please contact your home club or Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email address to use for your account.
- Attending coach’s name and email address
- If entering a category with a partner, have the partner’s Skate Canada ten-digit membership number, name, date of birth and e-mail address
- Credit card information for payment processing
- For specific competitions, Short and Free Program music in MP3 file format
The account email address and password you create for this competition can be used for subsequent competition registrations in Alberta/NWT-Nunavut Section.
If You Do Not Have An Account, Create Your Account:
- Click on “Login” in the top right hand corner or go directly to: https://skateabnwtnun.uplifterinc.com/login/
- Create your account with a valid email address and a password. Include the parent’s details if registering for a skater under 18 and include all address details. Opt in to any relevant message lists and click “Continue”. Please take note of your email address and password to register for subsequent events in the Alberta/NWT-Nunavut Section.
- Add the Skater’s details that you will be registering for competitions. Include their
- First & Last Name
- 10-Digit Skate Canada Number if you are a Skate Canada Member – please ensure this is accurate as it may prevent your registration from certain events in future that requires Skate Canada membership
If you are registering multiple skaters or a team, please ensure to add any skaters that you will be registering. We recommend that the skater of a team that will be registering for multiple disciplines that includes a singles event be the skater that registers on behalf of the team.
If you are a skater that will be skating in both a team discipline (Pair, Ice Dance or Synchro) as well as a Singles discipline, you should create your own personal account for your Singles discipline first. Once you’ve created your account, any team-mates that register on your behalf will be given the opportunity to add you to their account to register you into the team discipline.
Or If You Have An Account, Login:
- If you didn’t just create your account, login to your Alberta/NWT-Nunavut Section account by clicking on “Login” in the top right hand corner
- Enter your email address and password in the right hand section under the heading “Have an Account?”
If You Have and Account, But Have Forgotten Your Password:
- Click on this Forget Password link. Enter your email address that you used to create your account.
- An email will be sent to you prompting you to reset your password
Pair, Ice Dance and Team Event Registrations
Only one entry per Pair/Dance or Team is required.
If you are the individual responsible for registering the couple or team, for every skater that you would like to add to your team registration, ensure that before you start that you have the following details for all the skaters you will be registering on behalf of:
- First & Last Name (with the same spelling as identified in their personal account if they have one)
- 10-Digit Skate Canada Number if you are a Skate Canada Member – Please ensure this information is accurate to correctly identify skaters that my already have an account.
With each skater you would like to add to your couple or team, repeat the sequence above to add the skater’s details to your account. You can do so once logged in by:
- clicking on “My Account” in the top right corner
- clicking on “Competitors” in the sub-menu
- clicking on “Add New Competitor” to add the skaters’ details
For Interpretive Couples and Team Elements (min of 2 and max of 4 team members):
To quickly upload all of your skaters at once, beside the “Add New Competitor” link, you can optionally import your participants. You can do so once logged in by:
- clicking on “My Account” in the top right corner
- clicking on “Competitor” in the sub-menu
- clicking on “Competitor Import”
- On the following page, click “Get Import Template” to download a copy of the spreadsheet template that you can use to add your skaters. “Participant Since”, “Instructor 1” and “Instructor 2” columns are optional.
- Fill the spreadsheet with all the skaters you would like to register as part of your team. Save the spreadsheet on your computer. For the most accurate results, ensure that birthdates are entered in the form of “YYYY-MM-DD”.
- Return back to the Alberta/NWT-Nunavut Section registration site and on the previous page, click “Browse” to select the spreadsheet file you had completed
- Click “Upload”. This will present a spreadsheet view of all of your skaters’ details. Review for accuracy to ensure that all birthdates and details have been imported correctly. You can live update any details that were inaccurately imported directly within the spreadsheet view.
- Click “Import Data”. Any skaters that do not already have a personal skater profile will be imported to your account. Any Skaters that have an existing personal account, will have a “SELECT” button appear beside their name. See below on how to match these skater profiles.
For Skaters that have their own previously created personal account:
If any of your skaters that you are importing or adding individually have created their own personal account, as long as you have correctly identified the above criteria accurately, you will be offered a suggested matched participant(s) to select from. Please correctly identify the skater you would like to register on behalf of and click “SELECT COMPETITOR”.
If the skater you are attempting to add does not have a personal account, select “CREATE NEW”
If for some reason the skater has previously been able to create a duplicate skater profile, you may receive the following error when creating their skater profile:
You have encountered the following error(s) on this page:
- Another skater has the value XXXXXX for Skate Canada Number. This value must be unique.
Please proceed with creating the skater profile, leaving the Skate Canada Number blank. You can contact the Alberta/NWT-Nunavut Section Central Registration Coordinators at email@example.com to notify them of the error so that we can reconcile the skater profiles accordingly.